Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Words We All Need to Hear

During a very down time emotionally, when my kids were little and I felt anything but valuable and lovable, the Lord gave me this song during a time of worship. I think it's a message we all need to hear: 

You love me just as I am, Lord

You love me just as I am, Lord
You see deep inside me and look past my faults
And you love me just as I am.

You need me just as I am, Lord
You need me just as I am, Lord
My value to You can’t be measured by man
And you need me just as I am.

You use me just as I am, Lord
You use me just as I am, Lord
You filled me with your Holy Spirit and power
And you use me just as I am.


Everyone needs to hear the words “I love you” on a regular basis. Not “I love you because…” or, “I’ll love you if…” but just plain “I love you.” Every person is made in God’s image, and therefore everyone is valuable, capable and lovable. So, I’d like to tell you:

I love you just as you are,
I love you just as you are,
Because Jesus loves me just as I am,
I love you just as you are.

© Jeanette E. Levellie

Have a blessed day, you lovable, precious person, you!


6 comments:

  1. This is a very touching song. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette! And that is such a miracle to me sometimes. I can also feel 'unloveable' and yet I am. Just because I am. Having a faith in a God who is all-loving and all-accepting even in my bad times is so wonderful, it's hard to explain. But I do feel it at times. And when I don't, I can remember your post. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.